The Google Pixel Watch 2 is a cutting-edge smartwatch that offers a seamless user experience. Like any electronic gadget, it can experience issues during updates, frustrating users. One prevalent problem is the watch getting stuck on the “Preparing to Update” screen. In this comprehensive guide, we will explore the causes of this issue and provide practical solutions to get your Pixel Watch two back on track.
Overview of the Issue – Pixel Watch Stuck On Preparing To Update
When your Pixel Watch 2 is stuck on “Preparing to Update,” it can be attributed to various factors. One common cause is insufficient memory on the watch, hindering the update process. Additionally, prolonged inactivity or outdated software may contribute to the problem. It is crucial to understand these causes to implement quick and efficient solutions.
Interrupted Update Process
- A sudden disconnect from the power source or user interference during the update can interrupt the process.
- Solution: Restart the Pixel Watch and run a virus scan before attempting updates.
- Software corruption due to a virus or failed operating system update can prevent proper installation of updates.
- Solution: Restart the watch, run a virus scan, and if needed, consider a factory reset.
Restart the Pixel Watch
- Keeping the power button pressed for 20 seconds will allow you to turn off the watch and then turn it back on.
- To resolve the issue, perform a factory reset through Settings > System > Reset Options > Factory Reset.
Check Storage Space
- Insufficient storage can hinder updates. Clear space by deleting unnecessary files or apps.
- Consider upgrading memory capacity if needed, ensuring compatibility with the Pixel Watch.
Perform a Factory Reset
- Hold the power button for 8 seconds until the watch vibrates three times.
- Using the volume down and power buttons, enter recovery mode.
- Use the volume buttons to select “Factory Reset” and confirm with the power button.
Insufficient Storage Space After Factory Reset
- Check storage space; delete unnecessary data if less than 300 MB is free.
- Transfer files to another device or cloud storage for additional space.
Check Internet Connection
- Ensure the watch is connected to a reliable Wi-Fi network.
- Reset network settings if necessary through Settings > Systems > Reset Options > Network Settings Reset.
Charge the Watch
- Ensure the watch has sufficient battery power for the update.
- Allow the device to charge for at least 15 minutes using an approved charger before attempting the update.
How to Avoid Identical Problems in the Future
- Back up your device regularly to prevent data loss during updates.
Use Updated Software
- Keep your watch’s software up to date to ensure optimal performance.
- Check the compatibility of new apps before downloading them to avoid unexpected issues.
- Before updating apps, read reviews to ensure they have been tested on similar devices.
Prompt Action for Stuck Updates
- Restart your device, perform a factory reset, or contact customer service promptly if an update gets stuck.
Dealing with a Pixel Watch 2 stuck on “Preparing to Update” can be frustrating, but you can fix the issue efficiently with the appropriate troubleshooting steps. Regular maintenance, software updates, and cautious app installations can help control similar issues in the future. If all else fails, reaching out to customer service for personalized assistance is recommended. By following these guidelines, you can ensure a smooth and uninterrupted experience with your Google Pixel Watch 2.