For sure, you all know about the driver, which is a device that tells hardware how to function. But what if you recently installed Nvidia GeForce drivers that don’t work efficiently? It’s a worse case, isn’t it? Yeah!
But you don’t need to worry about it as long as there are solutions to fix it! This article gives you an elaborate view of how to fix NVIDIA GeForce drivers not downloading or installing problems. Nvidia drivers offer plenty of benefits to potential users. Even if you’re not aware of them, no worries; the upcoming section will give you an idea.
So, let’s get started…
Before we discuss the potential solution to fix Nvidia GeForce Drivers not installing or downloading, let’s first understand what Nvidia GeForce Drivers are. Here we go…
➤ What Are Nvidia GeForce Drivers? Describe The Advantages
The Nvidia GeForce driver is free software that lets users optimize their graphics card settings. This tool provides users with incredible features, including driver updates, game optimization settings, and performance tracking. You can download Nvidia GeForce drivers from the official NVIDIA website. GeForce Experience is a companion application to your graphics card that keeps your drivers up-to-date and automatically optimizes your game settings.
Nvidia GeForce drivers offer numerous advantages to users. Some of the notable advantages of Nvidia GeForce drivers include automatic game optimization, capturing and filtering screenshots and image scaling, and updating Nvidia GPU drivers automatically. Adding to this, it also allows you to broadcast gameplay live on Facebook, Twitch, and YouTube. Not just that, using Nvidia ShadowPlay, you can even record and create gameplay highlights.
From this section, it should be clear how crucial NVIDIA GeForce drivers are for you. Let’s now take a look at some of the tricks to resolve Nvidia GeForce Drivers not downloading issue. Here we go…
➤ How To Fix Nvidia GeForce Drivers Not Downloading
In this section, you will learn how to fix the NVIDIA GeForce drivers not downloading issue. Two different ways are available to do so; check them out here.
● Enable Auto Downloads
If the automatic download setting is disabled, then there is a chance of it not downloading. Thus, follow these simple steps to fix NVIDIA Geforce drivers not downloading.
- Search for GeForce Experience in Windows. Search to launch the GeForce Experience
- Click setting (the gear icon) in the top-right corner
- Now, click the General tab available in the left sidebar
- Scroll down to the bottom of the general page settings
- Then check the box for Automatically Download Driver Updates, and let me choose the when to install option
- Close it and relaunch it
Now, select the Drivers tab on the client’s home screen, and you can find the latest update available for installation. If you didn’t see any options for updates, then click the Check for updates box. Doing so will automatically upload the latest updates for you. Following these steps helps to fix NVIDIA GeForce drivers not downloading. So, try it! If you still have difficulty downloading NVIDIA GeForce drivers, or if this solution doesn’t work for you, move on to the next section.
● Manually Download Drivers
This is one of the easiest ways to fix NVIDIA GeForce drivers not downloading. Instead of checking for automatic updates, users can download them manually.
- Go to the official page for Nvidia Driver downloads
- Now, choose the appropriate product and its type and series
- Next, select the proper operating system
- Choose GRD Game Ready Driver from the drop-down menu of the download type
- Click the search button after selecting the apt options
- According to your device, Nvidia finds the perfect driver
- Now, click on download
So, these are the two different ways you can fix the NVIDIA Geforce drivers not downloading issue in no time. However, if the problem is with installation, then move to the next section to learn ways to fix NVIDIA Geforce drivers not installing issues. Here we go…
➤ How To Fix Nvidia GeForce Drivers Not Installing
The above two sections describe how to fix NVIDIA Geforce drivers not downloading issues. But what if it doesn’t install properly after downloading? This may sound a bit rare; however, many users claimed to have struggled with the installation of NVIDIA Geforce drivers. So follow the simple steps mentioned here.
● Check For Windows Updates
Users can try updating their system to solve the NVIDIA GeForce drivers not installing issue. Here are the steps that you need to follow to fix the issue. Take a look…
- Click Start and go to settings
- Scroll down until you get an update & security option
- Then, choose the Windows update option and select Check for updates
- Install them if there are any updates
- Restart and check if your system installs Nvidia GeForce Drivers
Move to the next section if the NVidia GeForce drivers are still not installed.
● Turn Off Anti-Virus Setting
The second step is to temporarily turn off the antivirus software and update the GeForce experience. Here are the steps to follow:
- Select the Start icon to type Windows Security
- Choose the Windows security app in the search results
- Go to Virus & Threat Protection and click on the settings
- Select Manage settings to switch real-time protection to off
Know that these steps may vary according to the antivirus software. Therefore, it is crucial to check them before you try to fix the Nvidia drivers not installing issues using these steps. Adding to this, you also need to check the firewall protection; if it is enabled, then disable it to install new drivers.
● Search For Compatibility Issues
Nvidia drivers may also fail to install when the devices are incompatible. Every graphics card requires a different driver; thus, download the apt driver manually to avoid compatibility issues. For this, you can follow these steps:
- Check the installed graphic card on your device.
- Download the Nvidia driver manually, corresponding to the hardware.
- After you go through it thoroughly, install it and wait until the end of the process.
Still, the issue persists, then proceeds to the next section.
● Install Driver Manually
You can try installing the drivers manually when there is a lag in automatic downloads. Doing so will help you fix NVIDIA GeForce drivers not installing issues.
- Open the Start menu and search for Device Manager
- Select and open Device Manager, Expand the branch you want to install
- Right-click on the device and select the apt option from the drop-down menu
- Then, select the Browse my computer for drivers’ option
- Click Browse and navigate to the drive installation file location
- Press Next and wait till the progress ends
Now, the manual driver installation process is complete. We are sure that you will be able to get the desired outcome using these steps. And if you still face the problem, try using the next solution.
● Install the Older Version Or Reinstall GeForce Experiment
Try checking with the older versions because sometimes the new version drivers could be a reason for failure. So, you can use the older version for a seamless experience and performance.
All you have to do is to reinstall the GeForce drivers. For this, you need to delete the downloaded driver and uninstall the current driver. This could be time-consuming, but it is one of the best ways to fix the Nvidia GeForce drivers not installing issue.
Thus, you explored some of the useful tricks on how to fix NVIDIA GeForce drivers not downloading or installing issues. You can try the methods outlined above to get rid of the issue instantly. If, however, after implementing these steps, the issue still persists, then it’s advised to use third-party applications.
There are numerous third-party applications that you can use to fix the issue. However, it is crucial that you download only a safe and secure application for the task. This can effectively help you and make drivers work efficiently.