Nowadays, Mobile number registration with your bank account is necessary because of it gives you the facility to keep track your transaction at home. Not only this, also you get an immediate notification if an unauthorized transaction has been taken place.
In this article, we are going to tell you
- How to register mobile number with your SBI account?
- How to change or update your registered mobile number in State Bank of India (SBI)?
1) How to register mobile number with your SBI account?
If you are going to first time register your mobile number with your SBI Bank account then follow few simple steps without reach the bank.
Step 1:- Visit your nearest SBI ATM and swipe your card.
Step 2:- Select the ‘Registration’ Option from the menu.
Step 3:- Enter your four digit ATM PIN.
Step 4:- Now choose the option of ‘Mobile Number Registration’.
Step 5:- Enter your Mobile Number which you want to register with your bank account.
Step 6:- Re-enter your mobile number and press the ‘Correct’ option.
Once you complete this process, a reference number will be sent to your mobile number which associates with a bank account. Within three or four days, you will receive a call from the Bank.
2) How to change or update your registered mobile number in State Bank of India(SBI)
Here, you no need to required to visit Bank or ATM Machine. Because update/change mobile number is the online process, you can be done at home or anywhere else. You just follow few simple steps which are given below
- Internet Banking
- Internet banking request approval through ATM
- Contact Centre
1) Change mobile number by Internet banking
First of all, start internet banking service in your account and then after following given below steps to update or change mobile number.
Step 1:- Open SBI website in your browser and log in with your ID and password.
Step 2:- Go to ‘My Account & Profile’ and choose the ‘Profile’ option.
Step 3:- Then after choosing ‘personal details’ which is placed in “Profile” option.
Step 4:- Enter the Profile password
Step 5:- Click on ‘Change Mobile number -Domestic only’.
Step 6:- A new screen of ‘Personal Details -mobile number update’ come up.
Step 7:- Choose the ‘create request’ option and enter the new mobile number. You will be required to re-enter the mobile number. Finally, press on submit button.
Step 8:- A pop-up message will appear where you will have to verify and confirm.
Step 9:- After selecting an option, choose the account for which you possess the debit card and click on proceed.
Step 10:- Enter your debit card details like enter card number, expiry date, name of the card holder, PIN and characters visible in the box and press on submit button.
Step 11:- First, verify all information and click on pay.
2) Change mobile number by Internet banking request approval through ATM
If you want to update or change your mobile number by IRATA then follow few simple steps
Step 1:- Click on IRATA option and then after go with proceed.
Step 2:- Choose a debit card and click to further proceed.
Step 3:- Card verification. Enter your debit card details like Enter Card number, Card Expiry Date, Holder Name, ATM Pin and click on the ‘Proceed’ button
Step 4:- Carefully verify all information and click to pay button.
3) Change mobile number by Contact Centre
If you lost your old mobile number or do not want to visit SBI ATM, you can go with this last “Contact Center” option
- An SMS with a reference number to update/change your mobile number will be sent to the new mobile number.
- Within the next three to four days, you will get a call from SBI bank on your new mobile number. Before sharing any personal details, ask the contact center person to confirm the reference number to you.